- Fenugreek, also known as methi, is a warming spice that kindles the digestive fire and supports the body’s ability to break down food and maintain a comfortable digestive experience. *
- Full of flavor, fenugreek is often pan roasted to release its complex nutty aroma. It adds a pungent pop to dals, lentils, curry, vegetables, and soups, to name a few. *
- More than a cooking spice, fenugreek helps to calm an upset stomach and supports optimal absorption of nutrients. It also supports the proper movement of urine, and a healthy flow of breastmilk in lactating mothers. *
- Banyan Botanicals is committed to producing the highest quality Ayurvedic products using USDA certified organic herbs that are sustainably sourced and fairly traded. All our products are 3rd party tested to ensure product quality and safety.
- The Healthy Guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with one of our products, we will gladly accept returns for a full product refund.
Flavorful Seed that Supports Digestion
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is a pungent, flavorful seed commonly used to add a pop of flavor to a meal. Fenugreek, also known as methi, is a warming spice that kindles the digestive fire and supports the body’s ability to break down food and maintain a comfortable digestive experience. Fenugreek is especially beneficial for vata type digestion where there is a tendency for gas or bloating after meals. To release the complex, nutty aroma of fenugreek, dry roast the seeds in a pan before grinding them into a powder, or adding them whole into soups, dal, curries, sautéed vegetables, or roasted potatoes. Fenugreek is also known for its cleansing and tonifying effect on the genito-urinary system, helping to maintain balanced fluid levels in the body. As a women’s tonic, fenugreek nourishes rasa dhatu, supporting the healthy production of breast milk and acting as a rejuvenative to the female reproductive system. Aside from its use as a culinary spice, fenugreek seeds can be steeped as a tea, or sprouted into fresh and flavorful greens.